|from Santa Claus is Comin' to Town|
Christmas TV Party 2014: Johnny Holmes at Radio Once More
1) What is the first Christmas special you remember watching?
The 2 that stick out in my mind as being the first Christmas specials that I recall watching are Rankin-Bass’ Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Mr. Magoo’s Christmas Carol.
2) Name one Christmas program/movie you enjoy watching all year round.
I think I’ll cheat and give you 2. 1) The 1947 classic, Miracle on 34th Street, and 2) Rankin-Bass’ Santa Claus is Comin' to Town…I love the catchy songs from this special. I love to put….."One Foot in Front of the Other” all year long!!!
|1974's Yes, Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus|
3) Name one overlooked, or under-appreciated Christmas program.
An extremely touching Christmas Special with very little airplay is the wonderful 1974 Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus. I love the various ethnic individuals that make up Virginia’s neighborhood.
4) Send us to 3 places on the internet.
|from the 1968 episode "Christmas Came a Little Early" on Family Affair.|
5) What are your 3 favorite Christmas episodes of a TV sitcom or drama?
01) The Waltons – “The Homecoming: A Christmas Story”
02) Happy Days – The touching Christmas episode when The Cunninghams bring Fonzie to their house on Christmas Eve.
03) Family Affair – An extremely touching episode where Buffy’s friend is terminally ill and Uncle Bill and Mr. French (as Santa) throw a Christmas party early so that Buffy and her friend have a Christmas together. I tear up every time I watch I watch this episode.