|from 1977's Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas|
Christmas in July 2018: Jason Morris-Holiday Film Reviews
1) Name your favorite Henson's Muppet Christmas program and why.
Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas. The characters are very lovable and beautifully designed, Paul Williams’ songs are catchy and fun, and the story is touching. I’ve watched this every Christmas since I first stumbled on it in 1980.
2) Which decade produced the bulk of your favorite Christmas entertainment?
The 1960s, because that’s the decade that gave us the “holy trinity” of Christmas specials: Rudolph, Charlie Brown and The Grinch.
|from 1951's A Christmas Carol|
3) Imagine the entertainment behind your ideal Christmas Eve dinner. Name the appetizer, entré, and dessert.
Appetizer: A Charlie Brown Christmas
Entre: A Christmas Carol (1951) with Alastair Sim
Dessert: A Christmas Story
4) What Christmas episode, special or movie doesn't exist--that you wish did? Feel free to get creative.
The Rockford Files was an event in my house every Friday night when I was growing up, my parents and I loved the series. I wish they’d made a Christmas episode, if for no other reason than it would give me an excuse to watch the series every December. We could’ve seen Jim and Rocky celebrating, putting up a little tree in the trailer, or Angel Martin working on some scheme that involved a Santa suit.
|from 1965's A Charlie Brown Christmas|
5) If one Christmas movie, special or episode was to be selected for a time capsule to opened in 1,000 years, which title do you think should be included?
A Charlie Brown Christmas, because it’s still the best Christmas special more than fifty years after its debut. Its message still rings true today, Vince Guaraldi’s music still sounds amazing and it’s also very funny (I still laugh heartily every time I see Snoopy dance on Schroeder’s piano!).
The Rockford Files Christmas!? why didn't I think of that? What a wonderful suggestion. I can see Isaac Hayes as Gandolph Fitch wearing a Santa hat cocked to one side, harassing Jim "Rockfish." Great responses Jason :DReplyDelete