1) What Christmas program/movie have you seen more times than any other?
Two Ronnies Christmas special 1982 also The Snowman.
|1982's The Snowman|
2) What is your favorite musical Christmas TV special, variety performance, or holiday song in a movie?
The opening song and credits to National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.
3) What's your favorite TV or movie adaptation of Dickens' A Christmas Carol?
We watch them all but the original Black and white Alistair Sim one is best.
|1951's A Christmas Carol with Alistair Sim.|
4) What do you think is the worst Christmas program/movie--or your least favorite, the most disappointing or most overrated?
Not really a fan of the Doctor Who Christmas specials as I love the show but not that made on a Christmas special.
5) If you were asked to give advice to a TV network executive in charge of holiday programming, what would you suggest?
I enjoyed reading your responses, Martin. The Snowman is so lovely... all action, no words, and such beautiful music. It is certainly a sweet story. I have an official stuffed snowman from the cartoon, & he has the green hat and everything! Due to my love of Christmas, it was such a thoughtful gift, that I still treasure!ReplyDelete
I also agree with your assessment that family shows are what we need at Christmas! :)
I too love The Snowman. Glad it got mentioned in this blogathon. I also connected with your preference for the opening music to Christmas Vacation. Hearing the intro music to a favorite movie is always a feel-good cue. That's so true. Thanks for participating, Martin.ReplyDelete
I need to rewatch The Snowman this year!ReplyDelete