1) What Christmas program/movie have you seen more times than any other?
I guess this will have to be a tie between Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and A Charlie Brown Christmas. I have probably watched them every year I have been alive, since I had two older siblings who probably were watching when I was really little. Still love them, too.
|How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)|
2) What is your favorite musical Christmas TV special, variety performance, or holiday song in a movie?
Tough question! Rudolph must be my favorite over-all musical Christmas special. I associate all the songs in that special with the holiday intensely. As for one song in particular, I will pick "Welcome Christmas", sung by the Whos in Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Fun, heart-warming and traditional, now.
3) What's your favorite TV or movie adaptation of Dickens' A Christmas Carol?
I am torn. I love both Mickey's Christmas Carol and A Muppet Christmas Carol, but I think I am going with Patrick Stewart's version, for the traditionalist in me.
4) What do you think is the worst Christmas program/movie--or your least favorite, the most disappointing or most overrated?
5) If you were asked to give advice to a TV network executive in charge of holiday programming, what would you suggest?
Keep it coming! December should be 24/7 holiday programming. Dig out some of the old special, holiday episodes of old TV shows, holiday TV movies and cinematic favorites. We love watching them!