Christmas in July 2016: Brian Arnold of Me and You and a Blog Named Boo
1) What Christmas episode/special/or movie always puts you in the holiday spirit?
A Charlie Brown Christmas. Accept no substitutes.
2) What Christmas program or scene brings you to tears?
A short animation available on YouTube called Gift of Ages. I cried the first time I saw it! It's available here: https://youtu.be/C6YuXUwUZ3U
3) What's your favorite quote of dialogue, song lyric, or sentiment from a Christmas program?
Linus reciting the Gospel of Luke in A Charlie Brown Christmas. Quite possibly the first "drop the mic" moment in a Christmas program.
4) Is there a Christmas program that unintentionally frightens you--or turns you off?
Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer. Funny song, terrible cartoon!
5) Name one character from Christmas entertainment with whom you closely identify? and explain why.
Charlie Brown (notice a pattern?). Don't we all feel a bit blue at the holidays sometimes, like there's something missing? Then I watch this special and that missing piece is found.