Christmas in July 2016: J.A. Morris at Holiday Film Reviews
1) What Christmas episode/special/or movie always puts you in the holiday spirit?
A Charlie Brown Christmas, I usually watch it early in December and once more closer to Christmas. The music, the animation, the children's voices and the story still make me feel very Christmas-y and remind me of holiday seasons of my childhood.
2) What Christmas program or scene brings you to tears?
Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas never fails to bring at least one tear to my eye every time I watch it. The relationship between Emmet and his mother Alice is very sweet. It's my favorite adaptation of The Gift Of The Magi.
|brothers from 1974's The Year Without a Santa Claus.|
3) What's your favorite quote of dialogue, song lyric, or sentiment from a Christmas program?
I've always been fond of the song performed by Snow Miser and Heat Miser in The Year Without A Santa Claus. When I was a kid, I remember humming the tune well into the new year.
4) Is there a Christmas program that unintentionally frightens you--or turns you off?
Love Actually. While the cast contains some of my favorite actors, I find most of the characters and storylines annoying and not very romantic. I thought Mark (Andrew Lincoln) was creepy.
5) Name one character from Christmas entertainment with whom you closely identify? and explain why.
I've always identified with underdogs, so I'll go with Charlie Brown because he's the ultimate underdog and I think he also buys the tiny tree because he sees the tree as the underdog of the tree lot. Like Chuck, I could easily see myself buying a Christmas Tree because I felt sorry for it.