Christmas in July 2018: Cathie Kahle
1) Name your favorite Henson's Muppet Christmas program and why.
I love Elmo & Big Bird. I don’t have a favorite show. I also like the Barney Christmas shows. :)
|from 1947's Miracle on 34th Street|
2) Which decade produced the bulk of your favorite Christmas entertainment?
I like the Christmas movies you find on TCM. So 1940’s & 50’s? Most of them are black & white, and that reminds me when I was 7 years old and younger before we got our color TV in 1966. I even had one of those screens you put over your TV screen that made it “color.” This includes Holiday Inn, Miracle on 34th Street, The Shop Around The Corner, It Happened On 5th Avenue, I could go on forever. I especially like the old musicals.
3) Imagine the entertainment behind your ideal Christmas Eve dinner. Name the appetizer, entré, and dessert.
App: Mickey’s Snowed Inn At The House Of Mouse
Entré: Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
Dessert: White Christmas
4) What Christmas episode, special or movie doesn't exist--that you wish did? Feel free to get creative.
A Captain Kangaroo Christmas Special? Gene London?
|from Mr. Krueger's Christmas (1980)|
5) If one Christmas movie, special or episode was to be selected for a time capsule to opened in 1,000 years, which title do you think should be included?
I think it would have to be Mr. Krueger’s Christmas, or the 3 Seventh Day Adventist Christmas At Cadillac Jack’s, Love’s Pure Light and All Is Bright. These three are beautiful shows. If you haven’t seen them, see if you can find them!