Wednesday, July 3, 2019
Christmas in July 2019: Cathie Kahle
Christmas in July 2019: Cathie Kahle, member of Christmas Movies & Music
1. What is your favorite Saturday Night Live Christmas/Hanukkah/New Year's sketch?
I’ve rarely watched SNL, so I have no favorite...sorry...
***Joanna says "I hope Cathie doesn't mind if I make a suggestion"*****
2. Do you most look forward to watching holiday episodes from series? Specials? Movies? Animation? or, all of it?
All of it!! I do a search for Christmas on my DVR throughout the year, looking for things I haven’t seen before.
3. What's your favorite soundtrack from a holiday program? (it doesn't have to have been officially released as an album--just what program features your favorite collection of music?)
This is hard, because there are so many, but I’ll have to say anything from Bing Crosby, especially White Christmas.
4. What one program are you patiently (or impatiently) waiting for me to review on this blog?
Caillou’s Holiday. You may have done it, and I just missed it, but I love it!
5. What change in Christmas entertainment have you noticed over the years? Do you like the trend?
The trend that I overall don’t like is Country sounding like Pop. I’ve noticed that Country Music is coming back to its roots, and I’m very happy about it. Country is its own genre. Not a part of the pop charts. And that applies to Christmas Country too!
Posted by Joanna at 7:02 AM