Friday, July 26, 2019
Christmas in July 2019: Chantelle
Christmas in July 2019: Chantelle from All Things Christmas.com
1. What is your favorite Saturday Night Live Christmas/Hanukkah/New Year's sketch?
I mean, it's definitely Adam Sandler's Hannukah song right? An absolute gem of the mid-90s I think that literally everyone I knew sang that song for weeks and weeks, maybe even years after it came out!
2. Do you most look forward to watching holiday episodes from series? Specials? Movies? Animation? or, all of it?
I really enjoy Holiday specials from British shows like Downton Abby and Doctor Who. I've not been a fan of the newer Christmas Movies (even the newest Grinch movie was only okay).
3. What's your favourite soundtrack from a holiday program? (it doesn't have to have been officially released as an album--just what program features your favourite collection of music?)
The Bill Murray Netflix Christmas Special was pretty great, and had a few pretty unique and funny songs. Plus, I hate to admit, but Miley Cyrus can *really sing*
4. What one program are you patiently (or impatiently) waiting for me to review on this blog?
I can't think of one that I know about that you haven't covered. I'd have to really scrape my brain for something not very well known. ... like the 1990's Christmas episode of the New Kids on the Block animated series? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1578459/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
5. What change in Christmas entertainment have you noticed over the years? Do you like the trend?
There are quite a few more 'adult' themed Christmas movies. The Night Before, and Office Christmas Party come to mind. I don't mind - as I am an adult now, but as I have a six year old, I'd love to see at least one new animated or kid-centric Christmas film each year as well.
Posted by Joanna at 7:51 AM