Wednesday, July 31, 2019
Christmas in July 2019: Rick
Christmas in July 2019: Rick, from Twitter: @rickc817
1. What is your favorite Saturday Night Live Christmas/Hanukkah/New Year's sketch?
Steve Martin doing "What I Want For Christmas."
2. Do you most look forward to watching holiday episodes from series? Specials? Movies? Animation? or, all of it?
Most definitely all of it. I'm one of those odd mates who loves everything about Christmas. Drives my wife crazy. The Brady Christmas is always a player in our house. I love Twas the Night Before Christmas animated special from 1974 with the town clock and the mice. Loved that as a kid and still do. The songs are catchy. Also the greatest animation of all time which is A Charlie Brown Christmas. And who can forget the movie Elf. Oh and the oft forgotten Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas.
3. What's your favorite soundtrack from a holiday program? (it doesn't have to have been officially released as an album--just what program features your favorite collection of music?)
Have to say A Charlie Brown Christmas from the great Vince Guaraldi. I have that on CD and it's a player in the Suburban on vacation.
4. What one program are you patiently (or impatiently) waiting for me to review on this blog?
Any of the ones I listed above.
5. What change in Christmas entertainment have you noticed over the years? Do you like the trend?
There are more romance movies like on the Hallmark Channel. But again...I'm probably the only guy that wants to watch all of them. Why? They're good. Meaning good and wholesome. It's really nice to watch good, clean programming and refresh your mind from everything else that's around. They may have all the same basic plot...but that's ok. Good clean programming beats the opposite every day.
Posted by Joanna at 7:54 AM