Christmas in July 2017: David Hofstede from Comfort TV
1) Who's your favorite Santa Claus?
While the film itself certainly has its problems, I’ve always thought David Huddleston was marvelous in Santa Claus: The Movie (1985)
|from 1964 Christmas episode of Bewitched.|
2) What's your favorite Christmas episode from a TV series?
Bewitched, season one: “A Vision of Sugar Plums.” Samantha teaches Will Robinson the true meaning of Christmas, before he is adopted by Major Healey. It’s the perfect classic TV Christmas show.
3) Do you enjoy watching Christmas entertainment year round or do you only like watching it during the holidays? And, why?
I used to limit myself to the holiday season, but I’ve changed my mind in recent years. Now I make sure I watch at least two Christmas TV episodes every month.
4) This is the 21st century--how do you watch TV and/or Christmas entertainment?
I have a huge TV on DVD collection, and there’s where my holiday entertainment comes from. But YouTube is a wonderful source of vintage Christmas commercials, which I enjoy year round. Whenever I want to see Santa riding into town on a Norelco razor, or champagne glasses clinking to ‘Carol of the Bells’ in the Andre commercial, that’s where I go.
|Ricky Nelson singing "The Christmas Song" from The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet.|
5) If you were to be stranded on an island (maybe Christmas Island in the Indian Ocean!), what three Christmas movies, specials, or episodes would you like to have with you?
1. Bewitched - “A Vision of Sugar Plums”
2. The Donna Reed Show - “A Very Merry Christmas”
3. The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - “Busy Christmas” (the rebroadcast, which includes Ricky Nelson’s rendition of ‘The Christmas Song.’