Saturday, July 15, 2017
Christmas in July 2017: Rob Martinez
Christmas in July 2017: Rob Martinez - The Nights Before Christmas
1) Who's your favorite Santa Claus?
Edmund Gwenn from Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
Gwenn was a British stage actor who began his film career in 1916, made his first Hollywood movie in 1940, and had no standout roles until he played Kris Kringle. His emotions from pure joy to despair to removing bubble gum out of his whiskers made this movie a classic.
He is the only person to win an Academy Award for portraying Santa Claus. End of story.
2) What's your favorite Christmas episode from a TV series?
Hill Street Blues - "Santaclaustrophobia" (http://www.hulu.com/watch/61428)
"Let's be careful out there... hey, hey! HEY! Merry Christmas". - Sgt. Phil Esterhaus
3) Do you enjoy watching Christmas entertainment year round or do you only like watching it during the holidays? And, why?
At least once a month, I will devote myself to a Christmas movie, special, or TV episode - thanks to Joanna's book and this blog, it's been fun catching up on things I've missed.
4) This is the 21st century--how do you watch TV and/or Christmas entertainment?
We moved into our home on July 1 (17 years and counting). The first thing we did was to subscribe to DIRECTV (17 years and counting). And yes to everything else listed above.
5) If you were to be stranded on an island (maybe Christmas Island in the Indian Ocean!), what three Christmas movies, specials, or episodes would you like to have with you?
In no random order:
1.) A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)
2.) It's A Wonderful Life (1946)
3.) Hill Street Blues - "Santaclaustrophobia" (1982)
Posted by Joanna at 9:28 PM