Christmas in July 2017: Drew Flowers, Co-Moderator for ChristmasMusicandMovies Facebook and Yahoo page
1) Who's your favorite Santa Claus?
It would be extremely difficult not to chose Edmund Gwenn from Miracle on 34th Street. He is lovable, full of spirit and Christmas joy, it is rather impossible not to become attached to him as Santa Claus.
|Art Carney in The Twilight Zone.|
2) What's your favorite Christmas episode from a TV series?
This would have to go to the Twilight Zone episode "Night of the Meek." Art Carney does a wonderful job playing a derelict Santa Claus that is fired on Christmas Eve, he finds a mysterious bag that gives out presents and then sets out to fulfill his one wish- to see the less fortunate inherit the bounties of Christmas. A must every Christmas season.
3) Do you enjoy watching Christmas entertainment year round or do you
only like watching it during the holidays? And, why?
I tend to save the Christmas entertainment for the holiday season. I usually will break out the Christmas music in November but try to hold off with the Christmas films till late November. l like to give it that special feeling you get during the holiday season, build up the excitement of getting to watch these classic films!!
4) This is the 21st century--how do you watch TV and/or Christmas entertainment?
I still enjoy watching the specials as they are televised. It gives me that special feeling I had as a kid seeing the ad in the TV guide anticipating Rudolph, Charlie Brown, Frosty being televised. It feels like I am sharing the moment with others! Of course, there are some specials/ movies that do not get TV time anymore so I have my DVD ready with my favorite specials/ movies to enjoy as well!
5) If you were to be stranded on an island (maybe Christmas Island in the Indian Ocean!), what three Christmas movies, specials, or episodes would you like to have with you?
1) It's a Wonderful Life- This is a must, need to have this with me just for the message alone. I would imagine I would experience frustration and severe loneliness on this island so the all powerful message It's a Wonderful Life provides is a necessity during my time on this island.
2) Garfield Christmas- Still laugh at this special to this day...being on a deserted island I will need a laugh and Garfield's Christmas will provide this on a much needed basis.
3) Mickey's Christmas Carol- I think just for childhood memories alone and the timeless story behind it, this special provides much needed memories and also a reminder of Disney's ability to tug at the heartstrings. I still tear up seeing Mickey Mouse tearing up over the loss of Tiny Tim. Such a classic!