|from the 1964 Christmas episode of Bewitched entitled "A Vision of Sugar Plums."|
Christmas in July 2017: Joe Mello from Wish You Merry Christmas and My Third Parent
1) Who's your favorite Santa Claus?
The Santa played by Cecil Kellaway in the Bewitched episode "A Vision of Sugar Plums" is great and I love that he knows Sam!
|Lenny and Squiggy in the 1976 Christmas episode of Laverne & Shirley singing "The Jolliest Fat Man."|
2) What's your favorite Christmas episode from a TV series?
This was tough! I settled on Laverne and Shirley's "Oh Hear the Angels' Voices" - So much fun in that episode, including Jolliest Fat Man!
3) Do you enjoy watching Christmas entertainment year round or do you only like watching it during the holidays? And, why?
I usually watch during November and December, but if an episode pops up in the run of a show I am watching, I will watch. Just watched the Alice season 2 episode "A Semi-Merry Christmas" the other day.
4) This is the 21st century--how do you watch TV and/or Christmas entertainment?
Usually watch through cable, using the DVR to record specials, episodes and movies as they air and watching them when we have the time. Some older, more obscure things that aren't as important to networks today, like A Smoky Mountain Christmas, I watch on DVD. I have to watch them, so I make sure to have a copy of my own. Netflix and Hulu are newer alternatives, I like seeing what they have available. Have also used their Fireplace Log videos as background, quite festive. And we often have the music channel Sounds of the Seasons on, as well.
5) If you were to be stranded on an island (maybe Christmas Island in the Indian Ocean!), what three Christmas movies, specials, or episodes would you like to have with you?
A Very Brady Christmas, for sure. I love this reunion movie.
It's a Wonderful Life. A classic that I never tire of.
Christmas Vacation. Also a classic. With these three, I think we get some heart, drama, comedy and Christmas joy.