Sunday, July 7, 2019
Christmas in July 2019: Sean Sotka
Christmas in July 2019: Sean Sotka - (e_xander) MyMerryChristmas.com
1. What is your favorite Saturday Night Live Christmas/Hanukkah/New Year's sketch?
I never really watched a whole lot of SNL during the holidays, but from what I've seen through TV specials replaying certain skits, I'd have to say the one that stands out to me is the Schweddy Balls skit with Ana Gasteyer, Molly Shannon and Alec Baldwin as Pete Schweddy. I'm not sure how they made it through the skit without cracking up and the dead-pan delivery by Alec adds the the hilarity for me.
2. Do you most look forward to watching holiday episodes from series? Specials? Movies? Animation? or, all of it?
I'm more of a movies and animation person, although I don't mind some specials that either go through the history of Christmas and traditions of Christmas and specials that show what Christmas is like elsewhere in the world. I like the nostalgic shows that bring me back to my youth at Christmas.
3. What's your favorite soundtrack from a holiday program? (it doesn't have to have been officially released as an album--just what program features your favorite collection of music?)
I like Andy Williams, Bing Crosby and the Osmond family holiday programs. Andy and Bing especially have that feel of Christmas for me with their music.
4. What one program are you patiently (or impatiently) waiting for me to review on this blog?
I don't know how to answer this one. I'm not much of a review reader. I love the coverage you have of all thing Christmas on Television. I've also enjoyed reading your CIJ questionnaires, which is what inspired me to respond myself.
5. What change in Christmas entertainment have you noticed over the years? Do you like the trend?
I've notice more pastel colors coming out. I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas colors, red, green, silver, gold and blue. I don't mind LED lights, mainly because I really like to decorate a lot and it saves money on electricity. However, I still have a soft spot for the incandescent C9 lights.
Posted by Joanna at 8:49 AM